What We Need
- 1-2 page press release that can be distributed to news outlets
What We Have In Place
- We currently have a report of new outlets, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have data, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $1,348 , allowing us to use the savings toward equipping the Ford Transit with a wheelchair ramp making it ADA complaint.
This project would allow us to create the State's first and only Mobile toy lending library for chidren with disabilities.
About The Org
The Arc of Northwest Wayne County
Our mission is to build inclusive communities through advocacy, support, and information. We have served children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families in the communities of Plymouth, Redford, Livonia, Canton, Northville, and Garden City for nearly sixty years.
What We Do
We serve children and adults with I/DD like autism, cerebral palsy, and Down syndrome and their families to help them live their lives fully included:
* The Lekotek Play and Toy Lending Library uses toys as tools to support developmental goals and reinforce therapies.
* The After I'm Gone and Guardianship Alternatives Information Network helps people with disabilities and their families plan for the future.
* The Advocacy Program helps people with disabilities and their families access resources in school, during transitions, and throughout adult life.
* The Just Fun Club hosts monthly gatherings that help reduce social isolation and create social connections.
* The Arc NW Athletic Program empowers athletes to improve their fitness, build confidence, and make lasting friendships with opportunities to compete in the Special Olympics.
* The Financial Management Services Program allows people with disabilities to live the lives they choose with support they need.